Districts are the de facto front-end of government where most Government-to-Consumer or G2C interaction takes place. The eDistrict project was conceptualized to improve this experience and enhance the efficiencies of the various Departments at the district-level to enable seamless service delivery to the citizen.
Front-ends under the scheme, in the form of citizen facilitation centers, are envisoned to be built at District, Tehsil, Sub-division and Block levels. Village-level front-ends would be established through Common Services Centres (CSCs) for delivery of services.
Indicative services planned to be delivered through this MMP include:
- Certificates: Creation and distribution of certificates for income, domicile, caste, Birth, Death etc.
- Licences: Arms Licenses etc.
- Public Distribution System (PDS): Issue of Ration Card, etc.
- Social Welfare Schemes: Disbursement of old-age pensions, family pensions, widow pensions, etc.
- Complaints: Related to unfair prices, absentee teachers, non-availability of doctor, etc.
- RTI: Online filing and receipt of information relating to the Right to Information Act
- Linking with other e government projects: Registration, Land Records, and Driving Licences, etc.
- Information Dissemination: About government schemes, entitlements, etc.
- Assessment of taxes: Property tax, and other government taxes.
- Utility Payment: Payments relating to electricity, water bills property taxes etc.
E-District are running Common Service Center Project in Lunglei district. it is Our target to set up Common Service centre in every locality with a population over 1000.
Two managers manage the office in Lunglei District.
- Lalrindiki Renthlei
Support Engineer: Mr PV Lalnunthara