The office of the Deputy Commissioner, Lunglei is divided into various Branches for smooth functioning of the office and officers are assigned as Branch Officers for the various Branches enumerated below :-
- Establishment Branch: The Establishment Branch deals with recruitment of staff, service matters & pension cases of all categories of employees of the office, training & disciplinary proceedings if and when initiated. The Branch deals with Govt. Orders, Notifications and instructions, coordination with other functionaries in the District, etc.
- Stationery Branch: The Branch deals with procurement of all forms and stationery items required for day to day functioning of the office as per Govt. instructions, repair and maintenance of various machines in the office, installation of telephones, electric connection, water supply and subscription of newspapers with bills for all these items.
- Land & Building Branch: Construction, repair and maintenance of office and all quarters is dealt by this Branch. The Branch also deals with files concerning assessment of house rent within the District and issues Fair Rent Certificates.
- Vehicle Branch: Vehicle Branch deals with purchase, repair and maintenance of all vehicles belonging to DC Lunglei, procurement of POL, requisition of vehicles in times of Election and other emergency situations.
- ILP Branch: The ILP Branch issues Inner Line Permit as per standing instructions of the Govt. of Mizoram to non-residents who are requiring stay in the District for various reasons. ILP is issued for a period of six months, on expiry of which the same can be renewed twice for a period of six months each. Nominal fees are charged for issue as well as renewal of the Permits which is credited into Govt. account.
- Arms Branch: The Arms Branch takes care of issue of fresh as well as Duplicate Arms Licenses, renewal of Arms Licenses, registration of arms and permission for retainership of arms. The Branch also issues explosive license, Vendor License and permission for practice firing by security forces.
- Nazarat Branch : The Branch deals with all account matters, prepares budget estimate & revised estimate of the office submits all periodical returns on expenditure statements regularly to the Govt. Collects professional tax from all employees and receive Govt. revenues and credit into Govt. account. Prepares replies to various audit notes and issues LOC to Sub-Divisions.
- Census Branch: The Branch deals with all Census matters. The Branch also issues Scheduled Caste/Schedules Tribe/Income/Residential Certificates, application forms for which are readily available in the Branch.
- Planning Branch: The Branch deals with matters relating to various development programmes, High Powered Committee for Lunglei District and various State and District Level Committees.
- D.M.R. Branch: The Branch deals with any kind of disasters happening in the District and relief/rehabilitation works thereof. The Branch deals with natural calamities, collect reports on damages caused by natural calamities such as heavy rain, floods, landslides, hailstorms, fire, etc. and provide necessary assistance both in cash and in kind. Silpaulins received from DMR Directorate are distributed on need base.
- District Forum: The Branch receives complaints from all corners, scrutinize them for trial in the District Forum. The sitting of District Forum is held regularly and a large number of cases disposed of every year. The Branch also issues various prohibitory orders as and when necessary.
- Circuit House Branch: The Lunglei Circuit House is having three VIP suites, eight two-bedded and one bedded ordinary rooms and a Dormitory of seven beds. The Branch deals with reservation of accommodation, maintenance of the Circuit House, Collection of room rents etc. and deposit into Govt. account through Nazarat Branch.
- Protocol & Hospitality Branch : The Branch takes care of celebration of all important days and weeks of National and State like Independence Day, Republic Day, Teachers Day, National Integration Week, Energy Conservation Day, etc. as well as making arrangement for the visit of VIPs and VVIPs.
- NLUP Branch: Deals with overall supervision and monitoring of implementation of NLUP in the District C-ordinates with line Departments implementing NLUP.
- Confidential Branch: Deals with all matters of confidential nature.
- Election Branch: Under the overall supervision of DC, who is also the District, Election Officer, the branch deals with all matters relating to Photo Electoral Rolls and election to village Councils, State Legislature and Lok Sabha.