Present location of HPC, office: Bazar veng, Lunglei.
Present Chairman: Lal Thanhawla, Chief Minister, Mizoram.
Present Vice Chairman: Pu S.Laldingliana.
PROJECTS/SCHEMES: To initiate a faster developmental process with inclusive growth the new government at the state soon after assuming office reconstituted the Lunglei High Powered Committee in the month of may 2009 by amalgamating it with the then District Planning Board(Lunglei) mainly to address the problems of Lunglei District. The High Powered Committee was empowered to formulate district plan and schemes and implement district level plan out of the outlay earmarked as discretionary funds and also review and monitor all district level plan and projects.
For the annual plan 2008-09, the state Govt has allocated Rs 2 cores which was carried out for the development of lunglei district within 13 selected governmental departments and is briefly mentioned down as under.
1. CROP HUSBANDRY (AGRICULTURE): Rs.35.00 lakhs was allocated to Agriculture department, Lunglei. The utilization of the funds allocated mainly include development of maize and soybean cultivation, construction of market shed, widening of Agricultural link road and construction of building for installing mini oil expeller.
2. HORTICULTURE: An outlay of 10.00 lakhs was allocated to Horticulture Department, Lunglei manly for the purpose of cultivation of passion fruits, french bean and cultivation.
3. ANIMAL HUSBANDRY (AH&VETY): Rs 10.00 lakhs was allocated to AH& Vety for utilization of purchase of piglets, pig feed etc during 2008-09.
4. CO-OPERATION: An outlay of Rs 8.00 lakhs was allocated to this department intended for strengthening of co-operation society at Sekhum and Kanghmun ‘S’.
5. SERICULTURE: Schemes for development of sericulture at Ralvawng village is proposed for which Rs.5.00 lakhs is endowed with.
6. WATER SUPPLY (PHE): Rs.2.00 lakhs is allocated to this department for provision of tank roofing and minor repair for Sairep village.
7. SPORTS & YOUTH SERVICES: The district sports and youth department, Lunglei was allocated an oulay of Rs 7.00 lakhs for promotion of various sports discipline within Lunglei district.
8. ART & CULTURE: An outlay of Rs.2.00 lakhs was allocate to Art & Culture department, Lunglei for utilization of preservation of historical places/monuments and landmarks.
9. PWD: Rs 22.00 lakhs was allocated to PWD, Lunglei. The developmental works carried out from this department mainly includes construction work such as fencing on approach road to DC bungalow, Lunglei. Preservation of stone bridge, improvement of approach road and black topping of internal roads, and also construction of retaining wall at war memorial, chanmari, Lunglei.
10. UD&PA: An outlay of Rs 8.00 lakhs was allocated to UD&PA department, Lunglei. The utilization of the fund allocated to this department maily deals with improvement of toilets and storm drain at super market, Lunglei. Rs 3.00 lakhs allocate for construction of lane road at Hnahthial.
11. LAD: An outlay of Rs 18.60 lakhs was allocated to LAD, Lunglei. The utilization of funds allocated to LAD mainly deals with construction work such as construction of waiting shed, steps, retaining wall and chrome plated steel hand railing.
12. POLICE: The approved outlay for Police Department is Rs 6.00 lakhs. The utilization of the fund sanctioned mainly deals with construction and renovation work of police quarters.
13. DC: The approved layout for this department is Rs 64.50 lakhs. The utilization of the fund sanctioned mainly related to construction/improvement of internal roads, culvert, shed, community hall, play ground, pavilion and govt –owned assets.
14. MONITORING OF PLAN SCHEME: For strengthening of the planning machinery at the district level, planning commission has listed monitoring as one of the function of the Chief Planning Officer. Therefore Rs. 1.90 lakhs has been provided for monitoring of plan scheme of 2008-09.
ANNUAL PLAN 2009-2010: For the annual plan 2009-10, the state Govt has allocated an enhanced discretional outlay of Rs 6.00 cores and placed it at the disposal of the High Powered Committee, Lunglei. With the fund so provided, plan schemes have been prepared with a view to meet the aspirations of the people in different areas of Lunglei district. The draft plan has been approved on the basis of draft schemes submitted by various district level governmental developments in the district capital which can be briefly noted as under:-
1. AGRICULTURE: Approved outlay for agriculture department is Rs 60.00 lakhs. Utilization of the fund allocate to Agriculture dept deals with developmental works, agriculture infrastructure, agricultural inputs and machineries, management cost and crop demonstration.
2. HORTICULTURE: Approved outlay for horticulture department, Lunglei is 30.00 lakhs. Utilization of the funds deals with creation of water resources, production of vegetables crops, minor works, extension and farmer’s training.
3. ANIMAL HUSBANDRY: Approved outlay amounting to Rs 10.00 lakhs has been allot to AH & Vety department Lunglei for utilization of increasing production of pork and hence fund allocation for 2009-10 annual plan is proposed for piggery development and intensive rearing of pigs.
4. MINOR IRRIGATION: Rs 20.00 lakhs has been allocated to minor irrigation proposed to take up ‘Chherchhuan irrigation project’where irrigation potential to be created is 13.25 Ha.
5. FISHERIES: Approved outlay of Rs 30.00 lakhs has been allocated to fishery department, Lunglei for improvement of fish seed farm at Zobawk and Rs 5.00 lakhs allot for construction and renovation of staff quarters.
6. CO-OPERATION: Approved outlay of Rs 40.00 lakhs has been allocated to this department. Rs 8.50 lakhs is approved for the purpose of financial assistance to co-operative societies and Rs 1.50 lakhs for education and training programme.
7. SERICULTURE: Approved outlay of Rs 40.00 lakhs has been allocated to sericulture department, Lunglei. The utilization for the funds allocate is mainly related to construction of grainage building, staff quarters, staff lodge, installation of cold storage, widening of approach road to grainage centre, Zobawk and improvement of seed production centre at Zobawk.
8. INDUSTRIES: Approved outlay of Rs 20.00 lakhs has been allocated to District Industries Center, Lunglei. The utilization for the funds allot is mainly related to establishment of weaving training centre at Lungsen and Agarbati stick making /chipping (Bamboo based industry).
9. WATER SUPPLY(PHE): Approved outlay of Rs 30.00 lakhs has been allocated to PHE, Lunglei and the department has drawn up the following schemes for improvement of water supply and for providing infrastructure facilities associated with water such as construction of IVSS intake, repair of reservoir, construction of site office and bill counter, renovation of elevated water tank at Lunglawn and construction of RCC building at Lunglei
10. POWER & ELECTRICITY: An approved outlay of Rs 40.00 lakhs has been allocated to P&E, Lunglei and the department has drawn up the following schemes such as construction of residential building, extension of LT lines, replacement of rusted LT poles, improvement of street lights and distribution of sub- station at Lunglawn.
11. HEALTH SERVICES: An approved outlay of Rs 30.00 lakhs has been allocated to this department. The envisaged two schemes mainly improvement of TB center at Lunglei amounting to Rs 20.00 lakhs and for construction of sub-center/staff quarters amounting to Rs 10.00 lakhs.
12. PUBLIC WORKS: An approved outlay of Rs 50.00 lakhs has been allocate to PWD, Lunglei for utilization of survey bypass road, widening of haka road and construction of nghasih approach road from farm veng.
13. SOCIAL WELFARE: An approved outlay of Rs 18.00 lakhs has been allocated to social welfare department, Lunglei for development and uplifting of women folk belonging to BPL families and weaker section of the societies.
14. SPORTS & YOUTH SERVICES: An approved outlay of Rs 18.00 lakhs has been allocate to Sports & Youth Services Department, Lunglei for promotion of various sports in Lunglei District, Upliftment of the youth in the district and improvement of playground.
15. URBAN DEVELOPMENT: An outlay of Rs 40.00 lakhs has been allocated to Urban Development Department, Lunglei for the utilization of construction of lane road, construction of storm drain, construction of community hall at chanmari, Lunglei.
16. LAD: An approved outlay of Rs 25.00 lakhs has been allocated to LAD, Lunglei. The allocation for the fund allotted is mainly for various developmental works for internal improvement of towns and villages.
17. POLICE: An approved outlay of Rs. 15.00 lakhs has been allocated to Police department, Lunglei. The allocation for the said fund mainly deals with improvement of vehicular traffic in Lunglei town and construction of staff quarters for police personnel who are still in shortage of the required quarters.
18. DC: An approved outlay of Rs 25.00 lakhs has been allocated to this department. The utilization of the fund allots mainly deals with construction works, continuation of widening of Saptuikawr at Serkawn and construction of retaining wall at DC’s office complex.
19. DISTRICT PLANNING BOARD: An approved outlay of Rs. 92.00 lakhs has been allocated to District Planning Board, Lunglei. The schemes proposed to be undertaken under HPC mainly relates to monitoring, evaluation of plan schemes, construction of HPC office building and baseline survey.